Women's Bible Study
Our Women's Bible studies are offered in the fall and the spring. A variety of Bible studies are available for you to choose. Each study allows you to study the Bible in-depth personally and in community with other women. Day and evening classes give women of all ages the opportunity to contemplate challenging life questions, go deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ and connect with other women in meaningful conversations about things that matter.
MONDAY NIGHT | 6:30 - 8:00pm | Mar 5 - Apr 30
By: Ray Vander Laan
Facilitated by: Laurie Zakarian
WEDNESDAY MORNING | 9:30 - 11:30am | Begins Feb 7
You’ll discover lessons from each of these women that will help you persevere through the circumstances you are facing today. Learn how to:
- Apply biblical lessons to your own modern-day struggles
- Live through their failures as well as successes
- Draw near to God in a world filled with trials
- Find lasting contentment
- Overcome rejection and insecurity
- Eve: Finding Lasting Contentment in the Truth (Lysa TerKeurst)
- Rebekah: Breaking Free of Feminine Stereotypes (Jonalyn Fincher)
- Leah: Overcoming Rejection and Insecurity (Naomi Zacharias)
- Hannah: Surrendering in Waiting (Amena Brown)
- Abigail: Dealing with Confrontation in Relationships
- Gomer: Learning to Accept Unconditional Love (Jeanne Stevens)
- Mary, Mother of Jesus: Moving from Comfort to Courage (Jeanne Stevens)
- Mary Magdalene: Transforming from Outcast to Follower (Jonalyn Fincher)
- Mary of Bethany: Putting Our Faith into Action (Elisa Morgan)
- Martha: Finding Our Identity in Jesus (Amena Brown)
- The Woman at the Well: Turning Our Messes into Messages (Lysa TerKeurst)
- The Syrophoenician Woman: Approaching God with Persistency and Boldness
Detours: Lessons from Joseph (6 weeks)
The biblical account of Joseph clearly demonstrates that God is at work even when life seems to be going wrong. It depicts a young man who endured betrayal, abandonment, injustice, and confusion before understanding God’s sovereign plan to redirect him from the pit to the palace. Even today it’s easy to wonder why God would allow calamity to happen or if He’s in control at all. Whether through uncontrollable circumstances or the pain of personal relationships, everyone has experienced unforeseen changes in life. This study helps believers navigate detours that may take you through trials, injustice, and even betrayal. You will be comforted and encouraged when you learn to rest in God’s redemptive plan and the hope found in God’s sovereign will.
- Discover hope in knowing that life’s sudden detours represent ways God moves us to the place He wants us to be.
- Identify ways God redeems even the things that go wrong in our lives.
- Get a more intimate understanding of the biblical account of Joseph.
- Learn to endure the uncontrollable and unforeseen events that invade your life.
- Realize that trusting in God’s sovereignty will help you navigate betrayal, abandonment and injustice.
Seamless covers the people, places, and promises of the Bible, tying them together into the greater story of Scripture. Whether you’ve grown up hearing Bible stories or you’re exploring Scripture for the first time, the full story of the Bible can be overwhelming. Experience the Bible as a whole. In this study you gain clarity and confidence in your understanding of Scripture. Discover a biblical context that reshapes and brings to life stories from the Old and New Testaments. Each week is accompanied by maps, general Bible facts and word studies.
In the Middle of the Mess
“In the Middle of the Mess”, Sheila Walsh equips women with a practical method for connecting with God’s strength in the midst of struggle. From daily frustrations that can feel like overwhelming obstacles to hard challenges that turn into rock-bottom crises, women will find the means to equip themselves for standing strong with God. Using the spiritual applications of confession, prayer, and meditation on Scripture to form a daily connection to Jesus, women will learn how to experience new joy as a child of God who is fully known, fully loved and fully accepted. “In the Middle of the Mess”, Walsh reveals the hardened defenses that kept her from allowing God into her deepest hurts and shares how entering into a safe place with God and practicing this daily connection with him have saved her from the devil’s prowling attacks. Though we will never be completely “fixed” on earth, we are continually held by Jesus, whatever our circumstances.
Curiosity is hardwired in humanity. We have this innate need to question and seek after what we don’t know or understand. Delve into Scripture to explore how God created us to seek after Him—a God who desires to be found and known. In this lifelong quest of faith, learn to develop your intimacy with Him and embrace the adventure that comes with living a life for God.
- Deepen your intimacy with God as you ask, discuss and ponder questions of faith.
- Take comfort in remembering this world is only a temporary stay until we reach our heavenly home.
- Understand that questions are inherent and essential to growth.
- Embrace the adventure that comes with living a life for God.
A decade ago, Priscilla Shirer authored, “Discerning the Voice of God”, and since then God has continued to grow, teach, and challenge her in her walk with Him. This revised and expanded edition reflects that growth through new stories, illustrations and exercises. Throughout this study, discover the root to clear and daily communication with God—humble obedience. Learn how surrender unlocks His many blessings intended for us, centers us in His will, and helps us discern His voice in everyday life.
- Challenge yourself in the discipline of daily Bible study.
- Gain practical advice for knowing and understanding God’s voice through His Word.
- Learn to recognize the Holy Spirit’s character, language and tone of voice.
- Experience a deeper relationship with God, and strengthen your daily walk with Him.
With unforgettable insights and powerful life application for today’s women, Liz Curtis Higgs delves into the biblical text to help us view Easter through the eyes of three women named Mary, each of whom has a life-changing encounter with Jesus: Mary of Bethany, who prepares the way for the Lord’s burial when she anoints His feet and fills the air with her perfume; Mary of Nazareth, who remains by His side from His first breath to His last, her loyalty unwavering; and Mary Magdalene, delivered of seven demons, who bravely supports her Teacher through His darkest hours, then proclaims the glorious news of His resurrection. What a trio. What a Savior.
Your mind and emotions will be engaged and your faith strengthened as each scene unfolds, preparing your heart for a richer, deeper Easter experience. Higgs, a seasoned Bible teacher and award-winning novelist, combines her storytelling skills with a thorough verse-by- verse study of Scripture as together you explore the remarkable lives of The Women of Easter.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT | 6:30 - 7:30pm | Begins Feb 28
Explore the practical side of redemption and learn to lean upon Jesus for your real help and hope. The moment you accept Jesus as the Lord over your life, you are redeemed. As the redeemed, we experience a lifelong journey of being transformed into His image. As redeemed women, we grow in the grace of Christ, and He calls us to extend grace to others. This study will help you to:
- Desire to fully live the life of the redeemed
- Welcome change as God slowly transforms you into His image
- Increase your passion for God’s Word
- Apply redemption to your life in practical ways
- Learn alongside other women and support each other through prayer and small group community
- Learn to lean upon Jesus for your real help and hope
Cost: $30 (book) $40 (per semester for the meals)