First McKinney has a great relationship with Finch Elementary through the Adopt-a-School program. The Adopt-a-School program reaches out to the teachers and staff at Title 1 schools by:
- Mentors: these men and women are partnered with same gender students and come to Finch once a week during the lunch hour to play games, converse, and basically be a role model and trusted friend to one student. Flexible schedule options are given.
- Adopt-a-Class: typically a group of adult friends or Bible Fellowship Group classmates come together and share a classroom where they help the teacher read with students, act as homeroom moms for parties, and pray for the class schedule determined by volunteers and teacher.
- Party Volunteer: simply plan the three parties during the year, bringing supplies and snacks or for many teachers, simply involves dropping off supplies and not attending party.
- Reading Buddies: Finch provides a schedule of reading times and adults come in at their convenience to read with children.
- Special Project Volunteers: choose to help with clubs such as chess club, gardening, sewing, book clubs. These can be consistent or at more random times through the year either depending on the volunteer availability or seasonally.
For more information about how you can get involved, please contact John Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
grace 2 go
Meet the Need
There are multiple opportunities to share the love of Christ through service in our community. Through our collaboration with 3e McKinney, we are part of Meet the Need, a tool to centralize those needs and help mobilize people to serve. For more information about how you can get involved, please contact John Shapiro at email@example.com.