Finch Elementary School Supply Drive
Stuff the Bus, July 2018
Your participation is a simple and easy way to have a profound impact on the Finch students and their learning experience. Your donations are greatly appreciated! It’s as easy as 1…2…3…
1. SHOP for school supplies from this list:
- Hand sanitizer
- Composition notebooks
- Pencil pouches
- Pocket folders (with brads)
- Post-it notes (3x3)
- Ziploc bags (gallon/quart/sandwich)
- Dry erase markers
- Disinfecting wipes
2. DONATE SUPPLIES: Drop-off supplies in the Connection (July, 8, 15, 22 & 29)
3. PRAY: As you shop, pray that the student and teachers of Finch Elementary will experience the love of God in a very tangible way as we partner with them during the 2018-2019 school year.
First McKinney has a great relationship with Finch Elementary through the Adopt-a-School program. The Adopt-a-School program reaches out to the teachers and staff at Title 1 schools by:
- Mentors: these men and women are partnered with same gender students and come to Finch once a week during the lunch hour to play games, converse, and basically be a role model and trusted friend to one student. Flexible schedule options are given. TRAINING: TBD
- Adopt-a-Class: typically a group of adult friends or Bible Fellowship Group classmates come together and share a classroom where they help the teacher read with students, act as homeroom moms for parties, and pray for the class schedule determined by volunteers and teacher. TRAINING: TBD
- Special Events: plan the parties during the year, bringing supplies and snacks or for many teachers, simply involves dropping off supplies and not attending party.
For more information about how you can get involved, please contact Marsha Rossell at email@example.com.
grace 2 go
Meet the Need
There are multiple opportunities to share the love of Christ through service in our community. Through our collaboration with 3e McKinney, we are part of Meet the Need, a tool to centralize those needs and help mobilize people to serve. For more information about how you can get involved, please contact John Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.