First McKinney's Beliefs
We welcome all who desire to worship Christ with us. As you join us in worshiping Christ, here are a set of core beliefs that form the essence of our faith and practice.
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:18-19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Hebrews 1:1-4
- We believe in the full deity and full humanity of Christ. Philippians 2:5-8, Luke 2:40, John 1:1-5, Hebrews 4:15
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells every Christian’s life for the purpose of living a God-reflective life. John 16:7-11, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:30
- We believe the human race is sinful and separated from God and therefore must experience the work of Christ by faith in order to have a relationship with God. Romans 3:10-20, Ephesians 2:1-3, 1 Colossians 1:13-14
- We believe that marriage is the uniting of one man with one woman in a Biblical covenant relationship for a lifetime. Genesis 1:26-28; 2:18-25, Matthew 5:31-32, 19:3-9, 1 Corinthians 7:1-16, Ephesians 5:21-33, Colossians 3:18-21
- We believe in the substitutionary atonement of Christ. Romans 5:6-9, Galatians 3:13-14, Philippians 3:8-11
- We believe in the authority and inerrancy of Scripture. 2 Timothy 3:16, Romans 15:4, 2 Peter 3:1-2
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ and is to be about His work of making disciples of Christ in the world. Ephesians 1:15-23, Matthew 28:16-20, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31 We believe that water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are the only ordinances of the church. Matthew 28:19, Luke 22:14-23, I Corinthians 11:23-26
If you have any questions about what we believe as a church, please contact us at email@example.com or call the church office.