|FBLC recognizes the value of Outdoor Learning and how beneficial this is to the child’s development. Evidence shows that learning in an outdoor classroom can have a motivating effect on young people and a beneficial impact on learning, understanding, behavior and overall health.|
What is an Outdoor Classroom?
- Opportunity to experience nature and bring learning to life
- A gathering place for teachers and students
- Opportunity to take calculated risks and explore curiosities
- Opportunity to initiate own learning, with the availability of teacher support
- Supports multiple developmental domains- ( spiritual, language & literacy, social & emotional, math, science, music and motor development)
- Supports creativity
- Enhances cognitive abilities- (critical thinking and problem solving, use of all senses, imagination)
- Improves educational experience for tactile learners
- Freedom to move
- Students learn by doing, taking a “hands- on” approach
- Curriculum evolves and changes based on the needs and interests of the children.
How will teachers be engaged?
- provide input and feedback
- contribute and maintain
- Given resources/training