- WHO: Group of 3-6 from your circle of influence
- WHEN: Weekly for at least 66 days*
*why 66 days?? Research shows it takes 66 days to form a habit, and once established, some may be ready to launch!
- WHERE: Anywhere! (home, church building, restaurant, etc.)
- Read & Pray Daily (reading plan)**
- Gather Weekly (90-minutes)
- Mission Monthly (lead & serve)
- Launch Annually (66+ days for multiplication)
- HOW: Look Back/Look Up/Look Forward + S.O.S.
In your daily reading plan, pick out a specific verse, or a point in the passage that the Spirit caused to stand out to you, and walk through the following questions…
- Say – What is God saying to me? (verse in your own words)
- Obey – How can I obey? (specific action step)
- Share – Who can I share this with? (circle of influence)
Example: Luke 6:9-10
SAY – Don’t overcomplicate the love and acts of Jesus in and through your life. If the opportunity is there to show love, then do it! You don’t have to wait for the most opportune time, nor worry about it. Simply love Jesus and be obedient to who and what he has called you to.
OBEY – Reach out to my next-door neighbor and invite their family over for dinner.
SHARE – with my wife and neighbor.
Look Back/Look Up/Look Forward
During your weekly time together, you can divide up your time with the following structure…
- 1st Third: Look Back
- Pray together
- Check in: How are you doing? (blessings, celebrations, struggles, confession)
- What happened last week when you obeyed?
- 2nd Third: Look Up
- Read that days reading together and discuss, “What is God saying to you/me/us?”
- 3rd Third: Look Forward
- How can I/we Obey?
- Who can I/we share this with?
- Additional Resources
ADDTIONAL TIPS FOR STARTING A GROUP:
- Start with your “oikos” or circle of influence. See who the Holy Spirit leads you to and pray over the names. Make the ask, explain the commitment to the group & vision for multiplication, and get started!
- Set a day & time and place and stick to it. Be committed but not overly rigid. Be creative and be you…Enjoy the adventure!
- In your first meeting, consider the optional group covenant provided above. Spend time getting to know each other and sharing testimonies. Teach the S.O.S. method and cast vision to replicate.