First McKinney has a great relationship with Finch Elementary through the Adopt-a-School program. The Adopt-a-School program reaches out to the teachers and staff at Title 1 schools by:
- Mentors: these men and women are partnered with same gender students and come to Finch once a week during the lunch hour to play games, converse, and basically be a role model and trusted friend to one student. Flexible schedule options are given.
- Adopt-a-Class: typically a group of adult friends or Bible Fellowship Group classmates come together and share a classroom where they help the teacher read with students, act as homeroom moms for parties, and pray for the class schedule determined by volunteers and teacher.
For more information about how you can get involved, please contact Marsha Rossell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope Women's Center
Contact 972.562.4673 or email@example.com to volunteer.
Affirming the life of the preborn child, we provide medical and educational services to women in unplanned pregnancies and those who significantly influence them by encouraging Christ-centered, life-affirming and healthy decisions.
To value life and love well.
Hope Women’s Center currently provides the following services at no cost:
- Laboratory-quality Pregnancy Testing
- Options Counseling
- For those considering parenting: Resources and community referrals
- For those considering adoption: Adoption agency referrals
- For those considering abortion: Education on aboortion procedures
- Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound - Used to confirm pregnancy, ultrasounds are offered based on medical assessment by the health care professional
- Explanation of Abortion Procedures - Our medical team compassionately educated our patients on abortion procedures so they are fully informed.
- STI Testing and Treatment - One in two sexually active young people get an STD by the age of 25. This poses a significant health risk to our patients as well as the child they are carrying.
- Post-abortion Support Groups - Women are often surprised to find that abortion can be a traumatic experience. The grief and shame is often repressed or denied. One in three women have chosen abortion.
We offer a free and confidential Bible study to help these women find healing.
Alliance of Elite Youth Leadership
To volunteer or get involved contact firstname.lastname@example.org 214.390.5665.
A.E.Y.L. is dedicated to the development of diverse youth, teens and young adults within low-to-moderate geographic areas through leadership mentoring, educational guidance, and community service and to cultivate life’s perspectives and the importance of a stable community.
Keeping the mind, body and soul of the youth and teens positively engaged is the best way to moderate negative energy tendencies. We have a confident perspective of venturing into new endeavors to expand the interest of our organization and diligently cultivate our programs to benefit youth and teens in our communities.
Programs (more programs are listed at aeyleadership.org)
Core ‘4’ Pillars
Mentoring / Leadership - iLEAD | Mondays 7:00 – 8:00pm
Salvation Army McKinney, 600 Wilson Creek Parkway, McKinney, Texas 75069
C.R.A.M. Sessions (Cultivated Results through Academic Mastery)
10:00am – 12:00pm (last Saturday each month)
Sports outreach is our way of connecting with other youth organizations, programs and communities. It is also a way for the youth to develop social competency, teamwork and leadership skills, as well as evolve personal ethics. Recreational sports teams are formed for youth members that do not make the school team. Often, developments of low self-esteem occur in these situations. Programs are implemented to help build confidence and conditioning so that they are comfortable to continue to strive for the goal they choose to achieve.
Participating in community service projects and events expands perceptions of living and builds a sense of appreciation of living conditions outside of their own. Leadership, life skills, and team work are a few traits that are learned through experience. Through community service, the youth becomes more productive citizens who will be able and willing to give back to their community, actively develop healthier lifestyles and gain versatility.
Family Health Center of North Texas
To invest or volunteer, contact 214.618.5600. For more information go to fhcntx.org.
Family Health Center at Virginia Parkway is a primary care medical, dental and counseling clinic welcoming newborns to seniors. Our doctors, dentists and behavioral health counselor are committed to providing superior primary and preventive care for your entire family, regardless of a patient’s income level or insurance status. A variety of patient services are offered, including pediatrics, family medicine, children and adult dentistry and behavioral health counseling for children and adults. Whether you need to see a family doctor, dentist or counselor, our clinic offers trusted healthcare in your community.
Schedule an appointment
Phone: 214.618.5600 | Mon – Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm
We do accept walk-ins during regular business hours.
Address: 120 South Central Expway, McKinney, TX 75070
- Suite 103 - Dental Clinic
- Suite 105 - Medical Clinic
- Suite 105 - Counseling Clinic
North Texas Food Bank Service Opportunity
Serve alongside our brothers & sisters to bag food and help distribute and serve families wo need a helping hand. We pray for those who request prayer and look for opportunities to meet needs, build relationships, and share Jesus. This is a very family-friendly serve opportunity, so bring your grade school kids & up. No RSVP necessary, just show up if you can.
grace 2 go
Meet the Need
There are multiple opportunities to share the love of Christ through service in our community. Through our collaboration with 3e McKinney, we are part of Meet the Need, a tool to centralize those needs and help mobilize people to serve. For more information about how you can get involved, please contact Marsha Rossell at email@example.com.