First McKinney's Beliefs
This Church has Core and Sincerely Held Religious Beliefs that form the essence of our faith, teaching and practice.
We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired, inerrant Word of God and the basis for our beliefs.
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:18-19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Hebrews 1:1-4
- We believe in the full deity and full humanity of Christ.
Philippians 2:5-8; Luke 2:40; John 1:1-5; Hebrews 4:15
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells every Christian’s life for the purpose of living a God-reflective life.
John 16:7-11; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:30
- We believe the human race is sinful and separated from God and therefore must experience the work of Christ by faith in order to have a relationship with God.
Romans 3:10-20; Ephesians 2:1-3; Colossians 1:13-14
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as a biological male or biological female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. We believe that marriage is exclusively the uniting of one man with one woman in a biblical covenant relationship for a lifetime.
Genesis 1:26-28; Genesis 2:18-25; Matthew 5:31-32; Matthew 19:3-9; 1 Corinthians 7:1-16;
Ephesians 5:21-33; Colossians 3:18-21
- We believe in the substitutionary atonement of Christ.
Romans 5:6-9; Galatians 3:13-14; Philippians 3:8-11
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ and is to be about His work of making disciples of Christ in the world.
Ephesians 1:15-23; Matthew 28:16-20; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
- We believe that water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are the only ordinances of the church.
Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:14-23; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life.
- We believe in the priesthood of the believer, whereby each believer has direct access to God through Christ, each Christian can go to God directly for forgiveness of sins and no human mediator is needed for this forgiveness.
Hebrews 4:15-16; Hebrews 7:25-28; 1Timothy 2:5
If you have any questions about what we believe as a church, please contact Paige Mayfield, Director of Guest Services at [email protected], 469.424.1647 or call the Church Office at 972.542.0041.