What To Expect for In-Person Worship at First McKinney
Join us Sundays at 9:15 & 10:45am.
We are both In-person and Online. Click here to find out how to join us Online this Sunday
We are grateful that God has been answering prayers and the cases in our church family are going back down. We believe it is time to gather again. However, we must learn from what happened a month ago. Because the COVID-19 hospitalization numbers in Collin County have continued to go up, in addition to our disinfecting between all gatherings in all rooms, we are temporarily changing some of what we will do on stage as well as asking all who come to adhere to:
- Additional spacing in the worship center: Every other row will be marked off by ropes and we are asking people to sit in the spaces we have designated by blue tape. We ask you to sit with the group you came to church.
- Mask required while on campus: (10 years old and up) We will have masks and face shields available for any who need them.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH
- We will offer Childcare for Birth-PreK each hour of worship. There is not an RSVP but space may be limited.
- Children will meet in a large group format for Bible Study upstairs in the (K-1st, 2nd-3rd, and 4th-5th)
- Youth will meet for Bible study at their respective worship hours (6th-8th at 9:15am, 9th-12th at 10:45am)
- The services will start at 9:15 & 10:45am on Sunday.
- To allow for cleaning, the doors to the Worship Center will open approximately 15 minutes before the service.
- Please allow extra time to park and be seated.
SEATING & OVERFLOW
- Seating will be available on every other row in the marked spaces. Please allow for room between each family group or party. Staff or Ushers will be available to help you find your seat in the Worship Center so that we might maintain safe and physical distances.
- There will be overflow available in the Chapel and other areas if we reach the recommended seating capacity of the Worship Center.
- We anticipate there will be overflow at the 10:45am service. If you are able, you might plan on attending the 9:15am service.
- Seating will be arranged with physical distancing between families. Families will be asked to sit together to increase available seating.
- If you need special assistance for seating this Sunday because of a wheel chair or other device please contact [email protected]
PARKING & ENTRANCES
- All parking lots are open and golf carts will be running and cleaned between worship services.
- Families or individuals with special needs will be able to enter through the Chapel doors to the right of the Foyer entrance.
- If you are coming for worship, the best places to park will be close to the main entrance in front of the ROCK and the lot across Louisiana St.
WORSHIP & THE BUILDING
- Wearing a mask is mandatory while you are on campus. We ask anyone 10 years-old and older to please wear a mask out of respect for others. The staff and worship team while on the stage may not wear one to help with the online experience.
- Please try to maintain physical distancing with others throughout the campus and service, including the hallways, Foyer, and Connection as you enter and leave the campus.
- Respect those around you and remember that you might not want to distance, but your neighbor may.
- The restrooms around the campus will be open on limited use. Sanitation items will be available in the bathrooms for your use.
- For sanitation purposes, we will not have coffee or other items available.
- We have taken additional steps to make our campus safe - “Keeping You Safe Document.”
- As we regather in person, we will continue to worship together online, as well. If you are not yet ready to gather in person or are in a high-risk category, please plan to join us online at our normal streaming services at 9:15 & 10:45am.
Be sure to ask the following question on behalf of your family/group before registering for or attending a service:
- Am I showing any flu-like symptoms?
- Have I had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 14 days?
- Have I had exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Is there any medical reason why I believe I shouldn’t be around others?
- Does my age put me into the vulnerable category according to the CDC?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, we strongly encourage you to stay home and join us online in one of the following ways:
- www.firstmckinney.com/live - Watch online from our website
- Facebook - fbcmckinney – Like and Follow
- Youtube.com - First McKinney - Don’t forget to subscribe