Deacon Nomination Information
Deacon Nomination Downloadable Form (above) Forms can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please prayerfully consider any nominations that you make.
- Nominate one (1) person per form.
- Each form needs to be signed by five (5) church members or five people can complete a form for a nominee and turn in to the church office by December 31.
- Nominees should possess the scriptural qualities found in Acts 6:1-7 and 1 Timothy 3:8-12.
- Persons nominated should be willing to assume the Roles and Responsibilities of Deacons at First Baptist McKinney:
- Be committed to a life of prayer and spiritual growth.
- Serve in leadership (education ministries, life group offices, administration and committees as called upon and other spiritual matters).
- Strive to attend weekly worship services.
- Assist in worship experiences (usher, choir, pray, etc.)
- Participate in outreach through personal evangelism, church-wide evangelistic events, as well as mission work.
- Attend Deacon meetings and functions.
- Be responsible in financial stewardship, seeking to give the tithe as the biblical benchmark for giving.
- In addition to the biblical qualifications, it is recommended by the Deacon Election Committee and Deacon Body that nominees by active members with proven servant leadership abilities evidenced by Spirit-led involvement in the mission and ministry of First Baptist. It is also recommended that the nominator know the nominee for an appropriate amount of time that would ensure a true assessment of the nominee and clear observation of the necessary scriptural qualities.
Click to listen to Dr. Jack Jernigan on Deacon service.