Incredible Kids is our ministry to children with special needs. We offer classes on Sunday morning tailored to your child's needs and also a monthly respite care program called Incredible Fridays.
HAVE AN INCREDIBLE FRIEND 18+?
Check out The Fellowship
The Fellowship welcomes adults with special needs to experience an environment that is focused on faith, friendship and service. We believe each person possesses limitless possibilities to bring glory to God and share God's love with other people.
FAMILY RESPITE NIGHT
Incredible Fridays is a once a month respite ministry for families that have children with special needs. Parents bring children, including siblings without disabilities, to First McKinney for three hours. Parents can use this time to do whatever they want - shop, go on a date, relax, etc. The program is free.
HAVE A HEART FOR INCREDIBLE KIDS?
Volunteer for Incredible Fridays
Volunteers are the backbone of this ministry. We try to have at least one volunteer for each child with special needs, while siblings through 5th grade experience a fun evening in a group setting with various crafts, snacks, and activities. If you have a heart to serve and are interested in volunteering, use the link below to find out how!
Participate in Incredible Fridays
We hope you can join us for Incredible Fridays. If you're interested in having your Incredible Kid join us, here's some additional information you need to know:
- There is no age limit to this respite program and church membership is not a requirement. We're open to the community!
- We believe in inclusion, not separation. We want the children to mingle with one another, but there will also be a quiet area with less stimulation for those children that need it.
- Parents know their child's needs best. We ask parents to spend 3-5 minutes at the beginning of each evening to talk with their child's volunteer about specific needs.
REGISTER FOR INCREDIBLE FRIDAYS
Follow these two steps
Step 1 | Complete the '22-'23 Annual Family Application
Step 2 | Register for Upcoming Events
December 9, 2022 | Registration
April 21, 2023 | Registration
HOW CAN I HELP?
Serve our Incredible Kids
There are several ways that you can help serve our Incredible Kids, here's a few ways you can get involved.
- First, and most importantly, you can pray for this new ministry.
- Spread the word about Incredible Fridays! We have flyers that you can distribute to your neighbors and community.
- Talk to your LifeGroup about collectively providing dinner for our volunteers during one of our monthly events, or about donating gift cards to local restaurants and theaters for us to distribute to our Incredible Parents.
- You can VOLUNTEER! We're always looking for great people who are willing to spend time and love on our Incredible Families! Fill out the below Volunteer Application to get started. Once approved, be sure to sign up for an upcoming event.